Monday, October 5, 2015

What Is Pakkawood?

eHow Contributor 

Pakkawood, also sold as Staminawood, Colorwood, Dymondwood and compreg, is an engineered wood/plastic composite material commonly used in knife handles and other objects that see rough wear. It can closely resemble conventional wood, or come in a range of bright colors. According to Jay Fisher, a professional knifemaker, this phenolic-impregnated wood is currently made primarily by Rutland Plywood Corp. and sold under the Dymondwood trademark.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

What Is It?

What Is It?  
The problem with writing a coherent essay on any item is that generally the writer is somewhat at a disadvantage. Make one mistake or perhaps use a regional name for the description and the switchboard lights up with corrections from almost all points on the planet. I do not know whether that is reflective of the market penetration of the Lee Valley newsletter or the fact that there are some pretty sharp readers out in the Ethernet just looking for some action. Well, I may have struck gold this time, folks.